We have worked hard over the last 4 years to prevent the people of South Somerset being hit by ruthless government cuts to our funding: we have also had to pick up the pieces as the Conservative County Council slashes their services.
We have made no cuts to district services at all, continuing to care for vulnerable people and investing millions in our town centres and villages.
We want to continue providing the competent local government that people here have come to expect, encouraging businesses, helping communities and looking after our wonderful countryside
Our plan for South Somerset includes:
- Continue preventing Conservative cuts from hurting people here
- Invest millions in our town centres to make them more attractive for businesses and shoppers
- Make radical environmental investments and improvements to combat climate change
- Keep setting balanced budgets as we have done for 35 years
- Improve our country parks and make sure they are suitable for tourists and local people