We will do this by:
- maintaining a leading role nationally, and working with other councils to make sure the rural voice is heard by London based civil servants
- continuing to use our MPs to influence Government successfully for a fair deal for South Somerset
- continuing to lobby for business rates to be controlled locally to tackle the problem of empty shops on our high streets
- continuing to promote South Somerset as a place of national strategic business importance (Augusta Westland / RNAS Yeovilton)
- continuing to ensure we have a seat at the regional and national tables whenever decisions specifically affecting South Somerset are being made.